Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
Pioneering cross border payments infrastructure for remittance partners.
Cross border payments team spearheads the effort to enable cross border payments, from receiving sender’s money, exchanging the currencies up to settling money to the receiver. At the moment, the team focuses on expansion to multiple countries through regionalization projects.
Compliance proves to be the primary challenge in building a cross border payments product. Each region has its own set of regulations that need to be accounted for and produce reports for. The opportunity to dive into the intricacies and complexities of these rules continuously inspires the team to move forward.
At the technical level, the team exerts its current efforts focused on increasing the speed, reliability, scalability and security of remittance products using various efficient testing and monitoring tools to improve code, reduce tech debt and design scalable solutions to serve all remittance customers in the world.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help us create values to remittance businesses through leading, innovating and building products with reliable, scalable, secure and compliant mindset.
We also highly regard someone that has a strong growth mindset in order to leverage the team overall performance and ultimately the product in order to bring delight to our customers
- Understand customer needs and requirements, prioritise build based on customer impact.
- Contribute to the team technical roadmap, execution and make sure the roadmap is delivered on time.
- Produce and make sure team delivery has high quality and comply with regulations.
- Contribute to team product scalability, reliability and security improvements.
- Maintain team documentation and leverage the documentation quality over time.
- Actively improve your own knowledge to follow best practices.
- Able to consistently give structured feedback and direction to peers and accept any feedback for the sake of growth.
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit group succeed.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Have experience in Node.js or Golang
- Have experience in any of the following: NoSQL / SQL
- Familiarity with TypeScript
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with REST API design and development
- Structured communication with critical thinking mindset
- Strong desire to learn engineering skills and share it with other software engineers.
- Loves challenges and problem solving.
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.