Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
Build world-class payout APIs
Our disbursement team works on Xendit’s biggest products: xenDisburse and xenBatch. These products support the region’s biggest fintech and ecommerce businesses in the high-volume, time-sensitive payouts needed to run their business. The team is responsible for building mission-critical services, maintaining connections to banks and providers, and working through various issues associated with local infrastructure to ensure that payouts are executed successfully, correctly and promptly.
We’re looking for a highly passionate software engineer to help us refine our disbursements product so that it is highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant. You’ll be joining our technical team to build a complex distributed system used by regional customers. You’ll get to work with our business and operations teams to understand and solve customer pain points and work with other engineers to build new features that will delight our customers.
- Understand customer needs and requirements, prioritise builds and add those into the technical roadmap
- Account for the delivery of technical roadmap items on time
- Drive infrastructure improvements that scale us from millions of monthly transactions to tens of millions of monthly transactions
- Design and develop REST API to support business requirements
- Write high-quality maintainable code, test, PR review then ship it
- Deliver products with standardized security, reliability, and stability
- Enhance our product reliability to maintain our performance threshold of 99% of disbursements processed under 1 minute & 99% of disbursements successfully sent to the recipient
- Work closely with local banks and partners to scale up our product coverage
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience in any of the following: Node.js, TypeScript, Golang
- Familiarity with REST API design and development
- Familiarity with relational databases and NoSQL such as Postgres and MongoDB
- Communicate well across teams
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.