Site Reliability Engineer in GDP Labs responsible to build, package, release, and maintain system and infrastructure. We adopt Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) thus you as a Site Reliability Engineer will work with development team, helping them releasing a quality software to user safely and in timely manner.
You may be wondering what is the difference among GDP Labs system engineer, sysadmin, network engineer, release engineer, Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), and DevOps engineer (you may argue that DevOps engineer is not a thing). In general, Site Reliability Engineer in GDP Labs is a generalist which responsibility is a combination of responsibility of sysadmin, network engineer, release engineer, and DevOps engineer. How is it possible one person know all of that? The short answer, you have to be a learning machine. Another thing to highlight is we use tools and automation to amplify our capabilities. We are using cloud computing platform as our main infrastructure and use code to automate provisioning, scaling, and decommissioning our computing resources (known as infrastructure as code).
You will have a mentor that help you learn and guide you gain a deeper knowledge. A long the way, you will have a breadth knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering and a specific deep knowledge that you choose.
- Ability to work on 24/7 environments
- Identifying issues
- Installing / configuring Linux based servers
- Providing timely and accurate customer feedback
- Ensuring problem is solved on time
- Ability to manage multiple cases at one time
- Able to identify and fix issues on network, systems, and services
- Work closely with development and product in designing, and developing systems at scales
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Unix/Linux based environments
- Solid scripting skills such as Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python, Go
- Networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Has great passion to update knowledge and try new technology (be a learning machine)
- Experience in the administration of application stack such as Nginx, Apache, PHP, Java
- Experience in control version system such as git
- Experience maintain (SQL/NoSQL) database(s) is a big plus
- Cloud computing (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure), Virtualization (e.g., VMWare, Virtual Box), Containerization (e.g., Docker, rkt), CI/CD (such as Jenkins), Configuration Management (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform) experience is a plus.
- Continuous Learning about Technology, Business, Leadership & Management
- Training local and abroad
- Work with some of the best software product development teams in Indonesia
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Annual Leave
- Free meals & snacks pre-pandemic
- Goodies during pandemic